Friday, April 24, 2009

Read my lips.....

President Eisenhower receiving Helen Keller at the White House 11.3.53

No....I am not Jane Wyman....Susan B. Anthony...Shirley Temple....or even Cloris Leachman (??)


Helen Keller is the correct answer...and no one had it.
I may have even taken Patty Duke....
just because I felt sorry for you losers.
.
Received an Honorary Oscar in 1954 for the documentary "Helen Keller in Her Story"
.
Has met every President at the White House from Grover Cleveland to JFK.
.
My favorite South Park episode...."Helen Keller The Musical"
(You gotta watch it)
http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/414/
.
Helen Keller is on the back of the new "Alabama" quarter...
which has her image,
her name
and her name in braille......was one in your pocket?
Hopefully you learned something....the Grand Prize isn't everything.
.
Better luck next week.....maybe a Derby theme next Tuesday....mmmmmm?

Marty
Michigan Center, MI
(I'm no Rand McNally.....but not even close to "center")

5 comments:

Kellie said...

UHHH!!!! I worked so hard and I was sure!!! how is she in my pocket? that was a confusing clue!!!! UNCLE MARTY I'M GETTING UP WAY EARLY ON TUESDAYS!!!!!
<3 Kellie

Unknown said...

HA!! That was easy... Sharon and I both knew it was her but backed off so someone else could win this week!! LOL yea right!!

Unknown said...

HA!! That was easy... Sharon and I both knew it was her but backed off so someone else could win this week!! LOL yea right!!

Marty said...

If you thought about what is generally in everyones pockets (coins) and Googled "women on coins"...it takes you to the US MINT website which then tells you that there are only 3 women on US coins...and Susan B Anthony and Sagagewa don't have an Oscar!

EASY.

Kellie said...

Uncle marty you MUST check out this website : textsfromlastnight.com i posted it on my blog and you should too...