Friday, June 26, 2009

We have a winner.....


..................and the winner is ME!
OK....so maybe you didn't know that BOZO (aka Bob Bell) was blind in one eye....but when I put GRAND PRIZE GAME in CAPS in last Tuesday's post....I would have thought that all of you GOOGLER'S would have hit my high arcing 16" softball out of Durkin Park.....
but alas....I can enjoy this week's GRAND PRIZE!!
.
Bob Bell.....a WGN-TV and Chicago Icon!!
He was blind in one eye...so he memorized the eye chart in order to pass his initial physical to become a Marine during WWII. This lasted a year until he was discharged....undaunted and with the help of a sympathetic Navy Dr......he joined the US Navy.
.
Krusty the Clown's voice from the Simpson's.....is patterned after the original Bozo the Clown.
Dan Castellaneta (who voices Krusty...Homer....Grampa Simpson...Mayor Quimby...Barney Gumble....Itchy...and others) grew up watching Bozo in Oak Park, IL.
.
I did meet Bozo...and others at the age of 3....while having no recollection....I have photos.
.
Better luck next week.....as I will focus on stumping another age demographic!!
.
Marty
Ft. Wayne, IN

No comments: