Saturday, July 11, 2009

Vrrrrrroooooooommmmmmm.......

One of the perks with working for Dollar General is being invited to the DG 300 Race at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, IL.
(Why it is not named the Jolietland Speedway is not known.)
.
I must admit.....as a Chicago city boy who doesn't understand the whole NASCAR nation situation.....it was quite a virgin experience. Pretty sweet seats for Uncle Tim, Katie, Clare, John, Peter and myself, courtesy of DG, put us right in the middle of all the action and sights!! We got some tips from Jim Farrell...... to bring earplugs and Hillbilly Repellent....and those tips were golden.
I brought some Tom Sneva rain ponchos that I had left over from the 70's ....but the rain held off and were not needed.
.
All are real pics from the race.....except the top one.....which would be defined as a "not-so-sweet-seat."

Good times!


Marty
Joliet, IL


Peter and his new Nascar buddy!!

The whole Fam Dam....


Peter, Clare, John and Katie enjoying some frozen food coloring....

The final lap!!!

Our DG car going by way too fast and loud!!
I would like to trade my company car please.

Earplug check! Lots of "WHAT!?!?!"....all night long.

Did I mention FREE PARKING......hello White Sox.......FREE PARKING!!

No comments: