Wednesday, September 29, 2010

McNally Film Festival.....

Attended the McNally Film Festival on Sunday afternoon....
(at my Mom's house)

Opened up Pandora's Box of hours and hours of my Dad's old Super 8 films from 1969 through the early '80's. Without sound and "cool graphics" even the oldest of Grandkids got a kick out of the way back machine.

In case you ever need footage of...
EVERY Scottsdale Boys and Girls Baseball/Softball Parade of the 1970's....
from several different intersections around St. Bede's....
I got 'em!!

Interesting that there were no seatbelts used in any of those parades...
and teams all sat on roofs....and on the door windowframes of cars.....
and survived.

All led by the Chicago Fire Dept rigs and Chicago Policemen on horses
(on double-time I'm sure)

Above is Mr. Farrell and myself circa 1976 in my backyard on our 8th Grade Graduation night...(snapped from an I-phone)

Height advantage goes to Mr. Farrell
(albeit short-lived)

Next step is to get these treasures to DVD....
before they stop selling projector bulbs.


Marty
Eastlake, OH

No comments: