Monday, November 1, 2010

Mart & Nan's Excellent Adventure......

Picked up Mom at the Carbondale train on Friday afternoon.........
The deal was.....she rakes the leaves and I supply the black hotdogs!!
Good times ensued.....

After only "minutes" on rake duty.....Mom was promoted to the Leaf Blower!!

She was like the Energizer Bunny.....she just kept blowing...and blowing....
I think I know what to get her for Christmas!
70 MPH winds earlier in the week....combined with trees
left her a foot of leaves to start with.......better than snow I guess!!

Phase I of the backyard project.....the 3' of leaves and branches that I started with back in February is now gone.....grass is starting to grow.....and this rock garden was unearthed.
Had no idea that this even existed a few months ago.....72 tulips are now sleeping.


After 72 tulips......and a couple tons of leaves.....
we were too tired to go out and eat.
A couple of PB&J sandwiches and a World Series game.....
and to bed by 10:30!
.
Marty
Marseilles, IL






No comments: