Sunday, July 17, 2011

Good deed....gone bad.

So this past week.....
Wed night about 10:30pm....
I stop at this rest stop in Northern Michigan.....
so far north that it is still daylight at 10:30pm.

Only a couple of cars in the parking lot and no one in the Mens Restroom.
As I come back to my car....I get in....
get on the phone and looking out of my front windshield I see this dog....
kind of a Huskie/Shepard mix laying down on a bluff in front of me leading down to a farm.
Nothing for miles as far as a farm house or any house for that matter.

Thinking that maybe he is with somebody in the Ladies restroom....I wait a few minutes.
But no one comes in or out of there and the cars that are in the lot have people sleeping in them.
So I get out of the car.....and do the old...
"come here puppy....puppy....puppy".....
maybe I can find a contact name on her collar.

Those were almost my last words......



My "puppy"....
stands up.....
positions herself in a lunging position....and shows me her teeth.
Turns out my "puppy" is a Northern Michigan Wolf.
Protecting her 3 little pups as they scampered off to the farm below.

So.....
slowly I turned...
step by step......
back to the car and in I went.

She waited about another 30 seconds and took off.

It was close sports fans....almost my last blog.
A little warning to you if you're heading north this summer.......
"Don't pet the puppies!"

Marty

No comments: