Friday, August 5, 2011

We Have a Weiner....and Ob-La-Di.

OK....so a lot of close guesses.....
but Bo Jackson...Rodney Allen Rippey (look it up kids)
and Kid from Kid 'n Play won't take home the prize this week.....
only The Big Bronze.....Mr. Frank Edward Thomas Jr. wins it.
....and Mr. James Farrell was the first of many correct answers this week!

--I thought Frank was single ladies....he had divorced his first wife Elise Silver a few years ago, but showed up with a new blonde (new wife Meghan) at the statue ceremony last week!

--First wife was Jewish.....and he converted to Judaism before they were married.

--Attended Auburn University on a football scholarship.

--Sterling Silver reference.....his son is named Sterling....and his ex-wife's maiden name is
Silver.....OK I know it's kind of a long-shot....but she must be wacky!

--His 2-year old sister Pam died of Leukemia

--Owns his own record label.....Un-D-Nyable Entertainment.

--I used to see him at the Shell Gas Station at I-55 and 83 in Burr Ridge.
Big Boy!!


OK.....so you never know how your day will turnout!!

I'm driving in southern Indiana on Thursday afternoon...listening to WLW which is the WGN of Cincinnati.....and they are having full coverage of Paul McCartney coming to Cincy for the first time in almost 20 years. It was like the Pope was in town.

So in the 5pm newscast....
they mention that there are STILL SEATS AVAILABLE FOR TONIGHT'S SHOW!!!!
WTF.....he's a freaking BEATLE and you haven't seen him in almost 2 decades and there's a REAL good chance that you nor I will see him next decade!!!

So....I head to Cincy....park the car for $5 ('cause I'm all about parking) two blocks from the park....walk up to the ticket window...and sure enough I have several choices. I call the Wifey...(love you dear) and once the "kitchen pass" was obtained....I grab my ticket and in I go!!
Pretty amazing sound and light show....
this was taken from the 500 level looking over the river at Kentucky!


The Reds dugout was transformed into the concession stands......
Dusty Baker was serving up Jello shots.


Sweet....
I was playing a deep 2nd base....and Paul was in Center.

Paul on his psychedelic piano.....
Goo Goo Ga Joob.


Not an empty seat ...and no one sitting during the second encore.
Quite a sight to see 40,000 singing and dancing together.


"Live and Let Die".....beyond ridiculous.
I have seen this before but this was nuts!

It cost more in pyrotechnics tonight.....than the James Bond movie cost to produce.
Someone already posted to YouTube below...




So how does he do it?
Almost 70....
rocked for 3 hours and 20 minutes....with little or no breaks on 90* night.
33 songs....
2 encores....
it was like he was in his 20's again!!??

Good for my soul.....
but he may have sold his to the Devil!!

Tomorrow I start my vegan diet.

Marty

No comments: