Thursday, December 20, 2012

Let's Roll.....

 
Stopped by the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville, PA on Wed afternoon.  
There in the distance is the crash site marked by a large boulder of where Flight 93 went down on 9/11.
The actual crash site can only be viewed by the families of the victims.


 
40 Christmas Wreaths symbolizing the 
40 victims.  
Of all my travels.....
this has to be the most desolate and 
quiet spot that I have ever been to....
period.
It was only me and the National Park Ranger......
pretty eerie!

 
40 tall marble slabs dedicated to the victims of the crash.
The National Memorial is just off of Lincoln Highway/Route 30....
(just a bit east of New Lenox.)
http://www.nps.gov/flni/index.htm

So here comes the cynic in me.......
After I mention to the ranger that it's hard to believe how quiet and
desolate this part of the region is.....
she says to me....
"It's really amazing how great it was that 'our' guys were able to put the plane down in such an ideal spot".

WHHHHHH.....
WHHHAAAAAAA.....
WHHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTT???

I was assuming she meant the passengers....as I have other feelings.
But then if she did mean the passengers.....not sure how well their navagational senses were when flying upside down at over 500 mph their last minutes........
but I digress.

Marty
Somerset, PA

No comments: