Friday, February 3, 2012

We Have a Wiener and a CHA...CHA...CHA!!

Ed & Buddy.....

Shhhhhhhhhhh......
The first one in this week with the correct answer was Mz. Maggie Pollard,
but because she is in Ireland this week.....
and Ireland hasn't invented the internet yet....she'll never know.
Unless you tell her and
I KNOW YOU WON'T!!

This week's GRAND PRIZE winner is none other than the Birthday Boy himself....
Mr. James Farrell.

He knew that the specs were located in Clear Lake, IA.
Which is the spot where Buddy Holly, Richie Valens,
and the Big Bopper's plane went down on this date in 1959.
Buddy was 22....
Richie was 17....
Big Bopper was 28.
Roger Peterson (local pilot) was 21.

I was here a few years ago.....
no map or road signs to the crash site...
I had to find it with some hints on the web.

I walked about a half mile
through some tall late August corn
to get to a small makeshift memorial.

Pretty spooky in that "Deliverance"
kind of way....
I don't think that I have ever been to a place that was soooo quiet...EVER.
No cars...planes....tractors....dogs barking...nothing.
I had this feeling that something was going to jump out of the corn....
so I ran like a girl back to my car!!

--A 14-year old Don (American Pie) McLean found out about Buddy's death while delivering papers (shiver/deliver)

--I ONLY put 3 Buddy Holly song titles in the hints on Tuesday.....
(OH BOY!--THINK IT OVER--IT'S SO EASY)

HAPPY 50 Mr. Farrell.....
CHA CHA CHA!!!

Born on the Day the Music (and fashion) Died.....
nice work!
Is that an extra can of Lite in your pants.....
or are you just happy to see me!!

Marty
Joliet, IL

5 comments:

Maggie Pollard said...

Hi Marty- very nice of you to give away my grand prize this week. Even us travellers can get internet access :)

I look forward to your next "challenge" on Tuesday :)

Maggie Pollarf said...

PS- happy birthday Emo!

Marty McFly said...

Sorry Maggster...
but the official TT rules state that the winner must be present "Stateside" to collect the Grand Prize. Enjoy your time across the pond...tell Katie hello and have a Guinness (or two) for me!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent picture was the weekend you two went off alone

Marty McFly said...

That would be negative!